Ankita Sharma, IPS
Indian Police Service 2018 Batch allocated to Chhattisgarh Cadre
Current Posting - City Superintendent of Police Azaad Chowk, Raipur
Hometown - Durg
Home State - Chhattisgarh
Education - 1.Post Graduation : MBA Finance & HRM (Gold Medalist), Shri Shankaracharya College, Bhilai, CSVT University in 2012
2. Graduation: B.Com, St. Thomas College, Bhilai, in 2010
Previous Posting - IPS (P) Balodabazar- Bhatapara, C.G
Warm greetings to everyone present here reading this little writeup of mine. I believe I'm too
young in the service to be sharing my experiences and accomplishments if you may call it that,
but yes, it gives me immense joy to share my thoughts with you through this platform.
My initial posting as SHO Bhatapara, I suppose was a turning point in my career. My SP give me a free hand to experiment with new ideas of controlling crime. I would like to thank my team of dedicated Constables who stood beside me through thick and thin.
I take immense pride in the fact that our PS alone could cut cut down illicit liquor coming from
other states. We seized approximately 47,000 bottles of liquor in various raids in a short span of
three months which is the highest as till date per the state records.
I always believed happy constables make a happy police force. During my tenure as the SHO, to keep their spirits high and to encourage them we had made a badminton court in the police station to raise their morale, motivation and to enrich the notion of espirit de corps. To my happiness this court is still functional in the police station. This initiative of mine added to their conﬁdence in me and also helped the staﬀ focus on their self development physical ﬁtness and happiness quotient.
Balodabazar was a lovely tenure for me, it taught me the ﬁner nuances of policing. All of us right from the staﬀ, public, juniors and seniors were forged into one family. Somebody in my army attachment said this to me "Madam if a constable cries during your farewell, always remember you have excelled" on the day of my farewell when that happened I felt I had done something right.
Coming back from phase 2 training we got our postings. I'm now posted as CSP Azad Chowk. Raipur is considered one of the best postings when it comes to learning. I had initial inhibitions as to how I'm going to perform but then I reiterated to myself if you're going to eat an elephant you do it bit by bit, one mouthful at a time .
Raipur is full of experiences and spices of urban policing, every day is a new experience in urban policing.The ﬁrst big breakthrough that I got was a drug case. Raipur’s youth was getting addicted to narcotic substances such as cocaine and MDMA. We launched “Operation Clean” against drugs and we were successful eliminating the drug racket that had taken Raipur in it’s clutches for at least four years. We caught foreign nationals (Nigerians) from Mumbai who were involved in the illicit drug peddling racket. This is one of the best cases that I managed to crack. This had a huge impact on the criminals the youth and the society in general. Till date, we have arrested 18 people most of them big shots in three diﬀerent FIRs leading to breaking the spine of this high-proﬁle network.
On the other hand we launched a campaign “Sambhaw Ha” to help the youth come out of drugs and to sensitise the children and families to go against any kind of drugs. We did this with the help of “Friends of Police” who operated with us in giving life to this initiative.
Another distinct idea which came up was “Khaki Eyes” this is an initiative that tries to take the police to the public instead of the other way around. This humble attempt at proactive policing is quite successful and popular in the city. Khaki Eyes is an initiative for the general public which basically involves the use of an application to build a police public interface. Any person who is going out of station and has locked his/her house can inform the police about the duration for which they will be away, their address is then included in the police’s patrolling party’s route to keep a check on any suspicious activities. This has brought down the number of thefts and housebreaking incidents.
On the personal front, I started an initiative to teach and help students preparing for UPSC. All of us still remember the diﬃculties that we used to face and the regret of missing out by .25 or .33 marks. Chhattisgarh, at least in so far as competitive exams are concerned, lacks the facilities that are needed to help a person easily crack the exam. I thought if I can be one medium of helping the students as to what to do and what to not do, I’d be a happy person. I take two hours oﬀ my schedule every Sunday for our future bureaucrats.
- Ankita Sharma
Success Stories & Media Coverage
- संघर्षों से गुजर कर पाया मुकाम, अब अपने इस काम के चलते चर्चा में आईं IPS अंकिता शर्मा
- SPECIAL : IPS की तैयारी के दौरान जो प्रॉब्लम फेस की, वो दूसरों को न हो, इसलिए छात्रों को देती हैं टिप्स
- राजधानी: चोरी रोकने पुलिस की नई तरकीब, मकान मालिक वाट्सअप में जानकारी साझा कर ऐसे रहे बेफिक्र
- ऑपरेशन क्लीन : 21 किलो गांजा के साथ धरे गए तीन तस्कर
- हाईप्रोफाइल ड्रग्स मामले में सामाजिक कार्यकर्ता का बेटा और उसका महिला मित्र गिरफ्तार, दोनों से बरामद हुआ कोकिन
- .....ये है राजधानी की आयरन लेडी, जानिए आखिर कैसे एक कारोबारी परिवार में जन्मी अंकिता शर्मा बनी तेजतर्रार IPS अधिकारी...
- Ankita Sharma : वो IPS जो संडे को अपने ऑफिस में 100 युवाओं को करवाती हैं UPSC की तैयारी
- बॉलीवुड एक्ट्रेस से कम नहीं IPS अंकिता शर्मा की स्टाइल, अब इस काम के लिए हो रही चर्चा
- हिस्ट्रीशीटर रक्सेल गिरफ्तार, पुलिस ने निकाला जुलूस, भारी मात्रा में चरस और गांजा बरामद
- BIG BREAKING: IPS अंकिता शर्मा ने की बड़ी कार्रवाई...हथियार के साथ हिस्ट्रीशीटर संजय रक्सेल को किया गिरफ्तार...
- अफसरनामा : दबंग IPS Ankita Sharma से खास बातचीत
- उड़ता 'Raipur' | नशे का डेडली 'ट्रायंगल' ! Drugs News | CG Ki Baat
- Raipur : Drug मामले में International Connection आया सामने | Nigerian मूल का 1 Drug Peddler Arrest